The Hong Kong Academy of Law provides practical legal information across a wide range of topics for lawyers. I took part in one of its lectures a few years ago on eDiscovery rules and practices.
This week’s course will introduce practitioners to common challenges and solutions in handling data securely and in a forensically sound way. The course will cover the following points:
- Overview of digital forensics and eDiscovery
- Problematic data types
- Risks of mobile devices and social media
- When and how data breach arises
- Impact of data breach
- Information security best practices
- Data integrity and chain of custody
- Handling data securely and defensibly
The speakers are Jay Chong and Sebastian Ko of Epiq. I interviewed Sebastian Ko when I was last in Hong Kong when he talked about the issues faced by those undertaking document review in the Asia-Pacific region, and in particular in China. You can find that interview here.